2010-12-30 | By: Márcio.

Goal number One

Hi again! I didn't think I'd write again so soon, but here I am. First I have to explain the number One goal for 2011. Twenty-nine months ago I signed a rental contract of 30 months for this studio in Rio and moved out of my family's house to live by myself. That was a big step and a great and necessary experience.

I grew A LOT by living all alone, having to solve problems, learn how to take care of myself, understand what it is taking care of an apartment, paying bills, having people over, having the peace I always wanted but at the same time having nobody to talk to at the end of the day.

Now it has come the time to make another decision... I have to give the keys back to the owner by the end of January, but I still don't have a new place to move into. As the World Cup and Olympic Games will be held in Rio (2014 & 2016), the real estate prices have gone waaaaaay too high. The rent doubled, but my paycheck remains the same. So that leaves me with two options: go back to my grandfather's apartment or rent a 2-bedroom one with my sister.

In the first scenario I go back to the hellhole where I lived for 5 years. Not healthy. At all.

On the other hand, renting a place with my syster would only be half a hell, but most importantly, I would be able to help her. I always did everything I could to become independent, to learn how to live my own life. My sister though is one year older than me and doesn't have the guts to throw herself at the big bad world we live in. And I don't think she'll ever do that, ever grow up, unless someone pushes the not-so-young-baby-bird off the nest. If the mother won't do it, maybe it's time I play the big bro and start pushing.

I am off to my gramps place now (where my sis lives nowadays) and will talk to her and my mother about this. Let's see how it goes.

0 comments:

Postar um comentário